Saturday, September 21, 2013

An Act of Kindness

Allergies . . . ugh.  I could really do without the sore throat, stuffy nose, sneezing, itchy throat, etc., but what happened yesterday is the sort of thing that puts the silver in the silver linings in the Kentucky clouds dotting the sky. 

After a long morning at the day job (I work p/t in a doctor's office), I headed to Kroger's to pick up pistachios, peaches, and . . .  something else. What was it? Aha!  Allergy medicine . . . but I didn't realize it until I was out of the store and on New Circle heading home.  Bone tired and miserable, I decided to run into Walgreen's.

So there I am in the Cold / Allergy / Pain Reliever aisle, looking sneezy and befuddled because I can't find the brand I want, which is Coricidon.  It's the only thing I can take . . . Anyhow, the  aisle is huge and after a long day, the boxes were floating in front of my itchy eyes. 

"Can I help you find something?" 

I turned and saw that the pharmacy clerk had come from behind the counter. I told her what I needed and she fetched it immediately from behind the back room. This young lady made my day . . . You know that moment when you see God at work?  I've been thinking a lot about kindness lately--both the giving and receiving it. 
I want to give it,  generously and always. But  today I received it . . . I hope this young lady has a wonderful weekend, because she made me feel a lot better.  The medicine is helping too!

No comments:

Post a Comment