Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Favorite Bookstores & Book Covers

I'm a regular Amazon customer. My favorite birthday / Christmas gift is an Amazon gift card so I can load up the Kindle or order hard copies.

At the same time, I visit brick-and-mortar bookstores as often as I can. Browsing online has some advantages (I'm sucker for the "if you like this book, you'll like this one too" sections), but it's not the same as randomly picking up a book because . . . well just because. Anything can grab my attention: a catchy title, an author I enjoy, or just as likely, a new-to-me author; or the cover, the blurb . . . even the font on the spine.

This is on my mind because I'm hoping to see the cover for "Until I Found You" in the next few days.  I can hardly wait! In fact, it feels the same as my very first book, maybe because UIFY is a true book of my heart--a story conceived while I browsed old style bookstores B. Dalton, Waldenbooks and Crown Books.

Sometimes the past and present . . . this is one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment