Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Just Two Weeks Ago? Really?

Two weeks ago tomorrow I went "into the shop" for some routine girl surgery -- a laparoscopic hysterectomy and some other related stuff. No worries . . . the docs do stuff like this every day. I'm extremely healthy and generally heal fast.

Everything went just fine and I felt better than I expected when leaving the hospital after an overnight stay.

 Twenty-our hours later, the nausea hit. 

I don't know if it was the pain meds, eating too much too soon, or what . . . but once it started, I was in trouble and didn't know it.  I toughed it out from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning with doctor calls, different anti-nausea meds, different pain meds, tried to drink a lot of water, kept some down, but not all.  It was just awful, and my poor husband went through it with me.  I kept insisting that healing takes time, which it does, but it's important to know when the healing isn't happening at all.

Finally I stopped arguing and we went back to the hospital. Trying to "tough it out" was one of the stupidest mistakes I've ever made . . . That's the start of tomorrow's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment