Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Getting Back to Normal . . .

Tonight is Family Tuesday. Later today we'll be headed over to my mother-in-law's house and my husband will barbecue hot dogs for everyone.  No one does hot dogs like he does . . . it's the hickory smoke that makes them so good.

I'm looking forward to a tad bit of normal, but I'm reminded hourly that my body took a beating. A twinge here, a twinge there. Fatigue sets in when I don't expect it.  Anyone I know who has had surgery nods sympathetically and tells me to take it slow.  They understand the weirdness of it, the strange loss of energy, the mental  . . . fuzz . . . that comes and goes. I'm grateful for friends who pat me on the shoulder and say, "It'll get better." 

I'm sure it will, but for now I'm taking it easy. It's a good place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment