Friday, August 16, 2013

Walking & Creativity

I used to think that the spot at the bottom of the stairs leading from my office to the kitchen was magical.  It worked every time . . . I'd get stuck on a scene, decide to get coffee, and wham-o!  At the bottom of the stairs I'd have a new idea. 

Now I know a bit more about how the body and mind work together.  There's something about walking that coordinates the right and left sides of the brain. The movement does something for me.  I don't know exactly what, but the quickest way for me to break through to a new perspective is to get up out of chair and just . . . move.

So, since I'm kind of muddling in Chapter Four of the new book--I always muddle in Chapter Four--I think that's what I'll do . . . get up and take a walk on this glorious August morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment